The OSE was awarded a three-year project to provide the Belgian National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (NIHDI-INAMI-RIZIV) and the Belgian health authorities with expertise and analysis on EU policies with a potential impact on national healthcare systems. This project is the continuation of a longstanding collaboration between the OSE and the NIHDI in this field.
The project includes:
- The scientific underpinning of healthcare-related initiatives developed as part of the Belgian Presidency of the Council of the EU, which will take place in the first half of 2024.
- A study on the use of health (care) objectives in EU countries and the extent to which these practices could be relevant in the Belgian context.
- An exploratory analysis of the experiences of Belgian experts participating in the European Reference Networks (ERNs) of expert centres for highly specialised care and rare diseases.
- Expert advice on EU policies with a potential impact on health care systems in general and the Belgian healthcare system in particular.
- The publication of a quarterly electronic newsletter on recent EU developments with a potential impact on national healthcare systems.